Friday 30 October 2015

Halloween Makeup 2015: Pt 2 A Little Mermaid


Hey Gorgeous People,

So as you know, I am doing a few makeup looks/tutorials in preparation for the upcoming event ... Halloween!! Yes, I know I am Australian. Yes, I know Australians don't celebrate Halloween. But this is mainly an excuse for me to test out Halloween makeup looks for the sheer fun of it! So below I am gonna show you what I used and how I achieved the above mermaid look! Enjoy!

Products:









1. Base
So I moisturised my face with the Simple Light Moisturiser and applied my K-Mart Primer. Then, with my beauty blender, I applied my Maybelline FitMe Foundation in 115 over my face and slightly down my neck to ensure it was properly blended. I then applied MAC Long Lasting Pro-wear Concealer beneath my eyes in a low V, around my nose, on my chine, and in the centre of forehead and down towards between my eyebrows. Then, using my e.l.f shimmer highlighter palette, I highlighted my brow bone, cheek bones, and down the centre of my nose with myEcoTools Concealer Brush. I then set my face with my Savvy Pressed Powder with my EcoTools Powder Brush. (BTW I took closeups of the eye makeup after the initial trial as I forgot to take photos ... sorry). I then applied e.l.f Sunkissed Bronzer with my EcoTools Powder Brush.

2. Eyeshadow
This specific  Andy Warhol palette doesn't have names so I numbered them! I first outlined my crease and the outer V of my eye and down into the inner corner of my eye with colour 1. I then patted colour 2 along my eyelid, making sure that my entire lid is covered. I then blended in number 3 up towards my eyebrow and darkened my crease with the same colour. I then blended Frost from the Glamazon palette with number 3 from the Andy Warhol palette on my brown bone.


I then filled in my eyebrows with the blue eyeliner from the Pop Fusion palette to create blue, mermaid-like brows! Mascara, Kate by Maybelline, was applied in a few coats to make them long and thick. I then got my Master Graphic Eyeliner Pen by Maybelline and drew a simple cat eye and then a reversed cat eye on my lower lash line to create the illusion of a fish around my eye.

Scales:
To make the scale i used my e.l.f white eyeliner with the colours Spear from the Glamazon palette and number 1 from the Andy Warhol palette. I drew a variety of different scale patterns along my face and then dabbed on different combinations of Spear and colour number 1 on top to make the scales stand out. PRETTY SIMPLE!!

Lips
Okay, so the lips ... I didn't use lipstick and there is a lot of apply powder, apply more powder, blend, apply. So you get a clear lipgloss of lipbalm and apply it to your lips. I then patted my lips with Spear from the Glamazong palette until my lips were sufficiently ... blue! I then carefully blended number 3 from the Andy Warhol palette in the outer corner of my mouth and along my cupids bow. If you want to further highlight your lips you can blend a colour like number 3 or 2 from the Andy Warhol palette as lipliner but I didn't feel like I needed to.

And there you have it!! My second Halloween inspired post! 

I know this is super late but I have just been so caught up with the beginning of Year 12 and the loads of homework so hopefully I can maintain regular posts.

I would love to see you Halloween costume in the comments below and I might try recreate some of them for next year!

Thank you so much for reading this, I really appreciate your support xx

Don't forget to follow me on:
Twitter: @immyminette
Snapchat: immy-12
Gmail: immyminette.official@gmail.com
Facebook: Immy Minette
Google+: (link on side of page)
Bloglovin': (link on side of page)

Love you all,

Stay Positive xoxo

Immy Minette


2 comments:

  1. This is a great look! It's not your Little Mermaid look, too, which I love. And I mean, just because Australia doesn't celebrate Halloween doesn't mean you shouldn't play around with makeup ;) Practicing is always a great excuse, hehe!

    Erin
    http://sexycardi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I have time today I thought I would practice with some cream makeup that I bought and myabe become a skeleton! Thank you so much for you lovely comments and support :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...