Wednesday 21 June 2017

Updated Base Makeup Routine

Hey Gorgeous People,

End Result

I realised the other day that I haven't updated my base makeup routine for quite a while ... possibly not even since I was just using BB cream! So I thought it was high time that I let you know what I apply for a more glam look or for when I feel like doing a full face of makeup. Often, I will either not where any makeup apart from doing my eyebrows and mascara just because I don't have time or I'm not doing anything special or going anywhere.

So firstly, I moisturise my face with this non-oily face moisturiser by Cetaphil that also has SPF, to protect my face. Because of the SPF, the moisturiser may make your skin look really shiny but it didn't affect the way my foundation sat on my face. I use the Nivea Protect and Repair Lip Balm to moisturise my lips so they are ready for any lip product I put on them.

To prime my face, I first apply the Nivea Men Post Shave Balm. I am sure you have heard all about the phase where people realised this product worked as a good primer. It also helps to reduce the redness around pimples and spots that you may have and is supposed to help sensitive skin not get irritated. After the balm has settled into my skin a little I use a small amount of NYX Photo-Loving Primer. I love this product because it is just a really nice primer for not very much money. If you have any good recommendations for budget-friendly primers, I would love to know in the comments section below.


I apply my L'Oreal Paris True Match Foundation in the Shade Rose Ivory, firstly, by dotting it with my fingers and then buffing it into my skin with the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. I went away from using this brush for a while actually, relying heavily on my beauty blender, but I am falling back in love with it.





For any red spots I blend the Maybelline Match Perfection Concealer in the shade 010 (Ivory) with my finger.



I then set all this with the Starlet Pressed Powder. I don't love this powder as much as others that I have used but it was a desperation purchase and I quite glad it is almost all used up. It isn't terribly but I would like to try a loose powder next time and not much that I have seen beats the Body Shop's Pressed Powders!




Another product that I am learning to love, recently, is BRONZER!! I never used it before because I didn't know if I enjoyed it but I now will not leave it out each time I do a full face. This Elizabeth Arden bronzer is just nice and subtle but gives a really nice golden glow, especially when I use my Designer Tools 416-24 Soft Powder Brush.

(Remind me to never wear a headband outside of my house ... I don't have the right face for it haha).


Okay, I have never used this blush before today but my sister gave it to me and I actually really like it. It's by the brand Essence in the shade Babydoll and it is really nice and perfect for spring. I used a regular blush brush to apply it in sweeping motions from the apples of my cheeks towards my temples.



While this isn't actually a highlighter, I like that it can be super subtle and strong. I used the pale, white shade in the top right corner with a fluffy angled face brush. On top of the first highlighter, I used the Body Shop White Shimmer.




To contour, I used this Eyelure palette and my Real Techniques Contour Brush. You only need a tiny bit of powder with this palette and then, with the point of the brush in the hollow of my cheek, I blend the product along the hollow towards my mouth and onto my cheek bone.




So that is my base makeup routine! It is pretty simple but, for me, it is a bit long for me to do in the mornings before going to uni. But I can tell you all about my usual uni makeup look another time. I really hope you liked this post and if you have any tips and tricks I would love to hear them.


What's your base makeup routine? I would love to hear all about it xx

If you want to keep up with me on social media:
Instagram: immyminette
Twitter: @immyminette
Gmail: immyminette.official@gmail.com
Facebook: Immy Minette
Bloglovin': (link on side of page)

Love you all,

Immy Minette

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...