Thursday 8 January 2015

Sunburn

Hey Gorgeous People,

Okay, so yesterday I went to the beach with a couple of friends and of course I lathered on the Spray-On Sunscreen because I burn easily.
We stayed on the beach for about .... 30 minutes just laying there and then got up and walked around the city.

BIG MISTAKE!!

While walking I realised that my legs and chest were slowly getting pinker and pinker.
I got home and my chest and legs were a dark pink.
I was confused because I had reapplied sunscreen all day. The problem was, the SPF in the sunscreen wasn't strong enough for my snowy white, sensitive complexion :P

So I googled and googled different ways to help alleviate the pain of sunburn and this is what I found:

 - Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is the number 1 way to help relieve the sting in sunburn because of the natural properties in the plant. Aloe Vera can come in different forms such as moisturiser, spray on and of course ... the natural liquids from the plant. I have and Aloe Vera moisturiser spray and while it doesn't get rid of the sunburn, it makes sure that there won't be as much peeling skin later on.

 - Potato Paste
To make the paste, you clean and grate potatoes into a bowl so that the potato-ey liquid is also in the bowl. You then get cotton balls and thoroughly soak them in the potato juices and place them on the sunburnt area. You can also use gauze if you don't have cotton balls on hand.
 
 - Cool Milk Compress
Get cold milk from the fridge, pour it into a container and soak gauze strips in it. You then drain any excess liquid from the gauze back into the milk container. If the milk in the container gets warm or room temperature you should put it back into the fridge to chill. Only keep the gauze on for as long as needed by pressing it gently into place.

 - Water
Okay, so when you are burnt you are lacking vital moisture and water in your skin so drinking plenty of water will replenish the moisture in your skin and help alleviate pain and it is necessary to heal the damaged skin.

Well there are 4 ways to help alleviate and help the healing process of burnt skin. I hope this has helped you and is great for future reference :) Please keep safe in the sun and keep protected by applying good sunscreen that is the right SPF for your skin. Burning just to tan is not healthy and I know I got burnt but I sure didn't mean to :P 

Please comment and follow me on social media such as Google+

Stay positive xo

Immy Minette



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...