Sunday 6 September 2015

Being Uncomfortable In Your Own Skin

Hey Gorgeous People,

I just wanna get deep and personal with you today on a topic that has plagued me since I was 11.
Now if you don't want to hear me get emotional and hear about my self esteem issues then you can leave if you want. But I know that self esteem plummets around puberty for both guys and girls so it is a major issue.

So the first time I started to feel uncomfortable in my skin was when I was 11. I was around 160-165 cm high and weighed 50kg and I thought I was really overweight because I was bigger than the 5 ft girls in my grade. My cousin, who I love dearly, told me to get on the scales and weigh myself and promised she would hop on after. So up flashed my weight in big BOLD numbers and all I saw was FAT!! So my cousin didn't hop on the scales afterwards which made me feel even worse because I felt betrayed and I thought she would use this knowledge and tell all the girls at school. I was never a popular girl at my old school. I was the tag along and this made my self-esteem plummet even more. When I look back at this memory I laugh and wish I was still 50kg even though that wouldn't be a healthy weight for me because when I look in the mirror, I feel disgusted.

So now I am 17, almost an adult, and I still hate my body. Some days I feel gorgeous but then I see a picture someone took of me and all I see is a chubby girl with a double chin, flabby arms, potbelly and cellulite. I weigh around 70kg and it probably doesn't make it better that I hang out with girls who are 55kg, 5ft 4 (compared to my 5 ft 7) and who are extremely active. Yeah I might make excuses to not exercise e.g. I get self-conscious about people watching me exercise and I have weak knees, but that doesn't mean I haven't tried. For 3 weeks, in the holidays, I would get up at 5:30am and go for an hour long walk/jog, get home and have a healthy yoghurt, walnut oatmeal and drink tonnes of water. But as soon as school got back I stopped because I didn't have the time. Waking up at 5:30 felt so good! No one was up to see this hippo running! But the eating healthy stopped because, when you live in a family of 7, it just got a bit expensive to be eating completely different food to the others.

When I calculate my BMI (Body Mass Index) it says that I am a healthy weight BUT I see that I am in the 82nd percentile and healthiness stops at the 85th percentile so I need to lose some weight!

I know how you feel whether you are male or female and are struggling with your weight because although I may not be considered unhealthy I am not happy in my body and I will always support others who aren't comfortable in their own skin!

So if you guys are going through self-esteem issues and you just want someone to talk to, I am here and will always support you!

Don't forget to follow me on:
Twitter: @immyminette
Snapchat: immy-12
Gmail: immyminette.official@gmail.com
Facebook: Immy Minette
Google+: (link on side of page)

Bloglovin': (link on side of page)

Love you all,

Stay Positive xoxo

Immy Minette

2 comments:

  1. I can definitely relate to this. I haven't been totally comfortable in my skin for years, though I am getting better for it, I think that's more to do with age than with actual comfort. I've found you being to care less once puberty is well and over, but that doesn't help everyone in the 'right now.' The worst is that I look at pictures from years ago and think 'I wasn't even big, why was I so worried?!' It doesn't make any sense.

    But, I would definitely recommend you continue to exercise, especially if it made you feel good about yourself. Even if it doesn't help you in the areas you really want it to, I think it will help you appreciate what your body can do and what you can achieve :)

    Erin
    http://sexycardi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last night I got two fitness apps on my iPad with reminders if I forget to do some exercise. It is so good because I can pick my own workouts and how long it goes for. Last night I did 20 minutes before bed and I was so proud of myself. So its not just a physical journey but it is definitely a mental journey where I am starting to feel proud of my body and how I am helping my body!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...